Saturday, November 13, 2010

Steve and Cabbage Key


Steve and Cabbage Key, originally uploaded by Kiki Marcus.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Steve - I always told him it captured exactly the way I see him everyday - as a rock star. He enjoyed hearing that.

It was after taking this particular picture with a borrowed Canon 10D that I decided: yes, I need a better camera. I need something that at least has the possibilities of capturing what it is I see - even if I'm not capable of capturing what I see. Between my lack of skill and the hopped up ability of the camera - I certainly held out a better chance of getting the pictures I'm striving to create.

Last year for Christmas Steve surprised me with a Canon 50D. It's the one I've been carrying around with me the past few days while in Ft. Myers, Sanibel and Captiva. The places Steve and I were when I took that picture in April of 2009.

Actually, tomorrow I'm going back to Cabbage Key. I'm going back to the restaurant where I took this picture. I'm going to see if our dollar bill is still hanging from the ceiling. I plan to add a new one while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment