Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Top Ten Lists from Steve

Steve used to make up Top Ten Lists a la David Letterman. I used to print them out and keep them on the fridge. Eventually they got replaced by tons of pictures of us gallivanting around and having a life.When we were dating, these things kept me in stitches.

January 15, 2001.

The top ten reasons why I'm really into KiKi...

10: Cute nickname is helping me forget horrible memories of former Knicks great Kiki Vandeweigh.

9: That "Natural Born Killers" coincidence.

8: Lives in Richmond but is not actually a southerner.

7: Totally got the "Bugs Bunny stoned on ether" reference.

6: Evidently looks pretty damn good to drunks.

5: "Oy Vey!" no good. "Keister"... no problem.

4: Day 10 and she's already "slightly worried" about my penis.

3: Not a blond

2: Digs Shakespeare, but her special request song is "Papa Was A Rolling Stone"

...and the number one reason I'm really into KiKi....

1: "Theme Night" 'nuff said.


April 28, 2004

The TOP 10 reason why I STILL love Kiki!!!!!

10: 3 years 3 months and 25 days and she is now mightily concerned about my penis.

9: Actually has great taste in clothes.

8: Actually tastes great out of clothes.

7: Thinks she's hiding the fact that she agrees Favre should play at least another 3 or 4 seasons.

6: Has totally bought the "You'll look great in a Mustang, honey..." thing.

5: In a scientific feat that has rocked theologians and creationist worldwide, she summarily proved the theory of evolution by causing her husband to evolve from a Neanderthal to a Hetero-erectus. (Hell I ain't no Homo!)

4: Banana Bread. 'nuff said.

3: Hi daddy! SHUT THE FUCK UP RODENT DOG. Coffee daddy?

2: 100.5 lbs of babygirl is a hell of a lot better than, well, ANYTHING.

And last but not least, the number one reason why I STILL love Kiki....

1: She's the sweetest most beautiful wife: A friend, a lover and a soul mate with whom I want to share my life, love and adventures with always....

Happy anniversary, honey. I tried to make my own Top Ten list this year, but I find I haven't the creative juices for it. All I know to do is make every decision based on what you would want - you took such good care of me. So I sent myself flowers. And I'm getting a mani/pedi later. And I'm going out for a nice dinner and drinks tonight. But I missed you so much. Which is good because that means I have so much to miss.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment